Concertim 6 includes a basic level of visual asset management as standard. This enables you to keep track of IT and facilities devices within your data center from a centralized database. The database holds information about the equipment you are using (e.g. name, make, model and size) and where this equipment can be found – down to individual racks and rack units in the case of IT assets. A powerful visual interface allows you to manage your physical assets in an intuitive manner and doubles as a means to monitor real-time information that is being collected from these devices.
The Asset Control module extends this basic capability, allowing you to maintain important technical and business information in the same database, and then use this data for capacity planning or business reporting. Examples of fields that are enabled by Asset Control include cost, purchase date, warranty expiry date, date when fully depreciated, weight, power rating and benchmark ratings. Details of these additional asset fields, can be found here.
Key features include:
- The ability to use asset data (e.g. size, weight, power requirements etc.) for capacity planning purposes.
- The ability to combine asset data with real-time metrics in order to produce key performance indicators (e.g. OPEX vs. CAPEX costs, CPU/watt normalized by CPU benchmark ratings etc.).
- User-defined fields that allow you to augment the database to meet individual customer needs.
- Inspection and (re-)positioning of assets via point-and-click and drag-and-drop actions.
- Bulk import and export capabilities via CSV files to enable rapid deployment.